Manager, Organizational Excellence
Under the Supervision of the Director of Institutional Research, the Organizational Excellence (OE) Manager is responsible for leading systematic quality improvement initiatives for service and business units across the college. The OE Manager promotes an organizational culture in which the institution learns from its operational experience and applies that learning to improve its institutional effectiveness, capabilities, and sustainability overall, and in its component parts. The OE Manager serves as the college's quality improvement expert and employs a variety of quality tools including but not limited to Lean Six Sigma.
- Develops continuous and systematic processes for assessment, documentation, and improvement of performance in collaboration with departments across the college.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify and accomplish improvement projects to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of college processes.
- Assists college leadership in identifying opportunities to apply continuous improvement tools to optimize college processes, particularly in the areas of strategic enrollment management and student success. Assists in using climate and satisfaction survey results to identify improvement opportunities.
- Develops and implements a systematic assessment process for college services based on achievement of internal and external goals (such as contribution to enrollment and retention).
- Provides technical assistance to college staff in the use of quality tools.
- Acts as a consultant to non-academic departments on assessment metrics.
- Leads or participates as a team member in quality improvement projects, kaizen events, and other continuous improvement efforts.
- Establishes metrics for quality improvement projects and tracks results.
- Manages the college's innovation grant process.
- Designs and implements training programs for college staff related to quality improvement.
- Coordinates the efforts of a cadre of quality improvement champions.
- Communicates continuous improvement activities and results to the appropriate constituencies through dashboards, reports, and presentations.
- Serves on appropriate college and WTCS committees and work groups.
- Collaborates with the Director of Institutional Research to create and manage the Organizational Excellence budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Institutional Research.
- Bachelor's degree in Quality Management, Business Administration, Educational Administration, Communications, or related field
Other Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience applying principles of Lean or Lean Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of quality improvement
- Knowledge and experience with computer software and applications such as data file management, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and function as a part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written forms
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects, meet all deadlines, and coordinate activities to achieve specific institutional goals and objectives
- Master's degree
- Experience in higher education
- Lean Six Sigma black belt certification
- Knowledge of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
START DATE: ASAP
DIVISION/LOCATION: Institutional Effectiveness/Kenosha Campus
COMP GRADE: III
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment is contingent upon an acceptable background/reference check.
- Employment eligibility for the United States.
- Tobacco-free environment.
- Exposure to computer screen for much of the workday.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex or national origin. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources at 262-564-2358.