Associate Director of Admissions
This position is responsible for recruiting undergraduate and graduate students to enroll in programs at Florida Polytechnic University consistent with recruitment goals and targets. This team member works cordially and effectively with other units in terms of policies, procedures, and operations. He/she works with the Director of Admissions to fulfill operational and process functions of the admissions office. The Associate Director of Admissions will have daily contact with prospective students and their family as well as other important stakeholders imperative to the college decision. The Associate Director will have a large role in the daily visit and management of student and full-time staff.
- Provides high quality service to prospective students, families, guidance professionals, staff, faculty, and community
- Develop and implement student visit programs designed to recruit targeting prospective applicants to the University.
- Participates in recruitment events and college fairs
- Contribute to the strategic and annual planning for Admissions and the University as needed.
- Assists with Graduate Program Recruitment and admissions process
- Maintains assigned recruitment territory and assists students through matriculation.
- Assists with quality customer service with the development of surveys and reports.
- Implements when necessary new staff onboarding and training.
- Assist in planning and implementation of marketing, advertising, promotional initiatives and new technologies for use in recruitment.
- Counsel prospective applications on the admissions process and opportunities at the University.
- Gives presentations and informational sessions on and off campus about the university.
- Ensures that current university policy, Board of Governors regulation, and state statues are followed throughout the admissions process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of targeted recruitment principles procedures and resources.
- Knowledge of student counseling techniques, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of current University regulations and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of Public Relations Techniques
- Skill in supervising and managing projects.
- Skill in creating, composing and editing written materials.
- Interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to meet project deadlines, and manage multiple tasks with continual interruptions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to accomplish admissions team goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three to five years of related experience.
- Experience in higher education is preferred and with SalesForce CRM.
- Master's degree preferred; however those who hold a bachelor's degree with significant experience may be considered.
REQUIRED LICENSES; CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW.
• This position requires a criminal background check.
• This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
• Florida Driver's License
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00pm; travel, and weekends and nights are frequent.