Assistant Athletic Trainer - Paid Internship
Fort Valley State University is seeking to fill one certified athletic training internship position. The internship is a 10 month position, beginning in August and ending in May. Sport coverage will be assigned upon hiring. This position will report directly to the Head Athletic trainer.
Fort Valley State University is located in Fort Valley, Georgia and sponsors 11 NCAA Division II sports that compete in the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide or assist with coverage of practices and games/matches
- Conduct treatments and rehabilitation
- Coordination of insurance claims
- Daily record keeping and documentation
- General maintenance of the athletic training facility
- Communication with coaches
- Communication with physicians and other members of the Sports Medicine team
- Night and/or weekend travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a CAATE accredited program
- Must be enrolled in an athletic training master's program at an accredited institution
- BOC certification
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Georgia; clean driving record
- First aid, CPR, AED certified
Ability to travel with teams to away games required
May require working beyond normal working hours as business needs dictate
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, depending on team needs
- Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period of time
- Demonstrate the techniques of basketball moves, stances, etc.
- Lift or carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, lift overhead
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.