Student Programs Associate Manager
Student Programs Associate Manager
Job Number: 76057
Student Programs Associate Manager Job Family: Alumni Relations Job Series: Alumni Relations Job Code: 3481 Classification Level: F Exempt Effective/Revision Date: 8/21/2017 Job Series Matrix URL: Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description JOB PURPOSE: Work with alumni volunteers, faculty, students, and other University colleagues to develop, implement, and assist with evaluating activities, programs, services, and communications that reach, serve, and engage students and alumni. Assist with marketing, planning or managing all/part of student and alumni programs, events, educational opportunities, and/or other student and alumni initiatives. Job Specifics: The Alumni & Student Class Outreach Department's mission is to reach serve and engage all alumni and students in the activities of their class and help build class community. In particular there is a great need to both build and strengthen student-alumni programming at Stanford and to continue to build an effective program to guide the transition of students (undergraduate and graduate) to their experiences as engaged alumni. This position will be responsible for executing and supporting the vision of the Student Programs Team. Through events, programs, and social media, this position will help guide current Stanford undergrad and graduate students in their development towards alumnihood; develop class identity and class community among current Stanford students; co-advise, recruit and mentor the Student Alumni Council; foster student-alumni connections. Responsibilities include: executing existing programs with guidance from the Student & Young Alumni Manager; working with campus partners (e.g., Student Activities Office, Residential Education) in creating a holistic approach to student-alumni programs at Stanford; co-advising the Student Alumni Council with the Associate Director of Class Programs; and coordinating the Reunion student team leader program. The Student Programs Associate Manager will also support the Associate Director and Student & Young Alumni manager in all aspects of the graduate student awards and senior awards programs (Sterling Award, Outstanding Achievement and Award of Excellence). A core responsibility of this position will be to co-advise and mentor the Student Alumni Council - a 20+ person student organization responsible for executing student-alumni programs, such as Junior Dinner Off The Farm and Nerd Nation giveaways. This position will also be responsible for proofing marketing communications, managing the Stanford Student-Alumni Facebook page, and coordinating print and digital marketing workflow. The Student Programs Associate Manager will report to the Associate Director of Class Programs, assist the Student & Young Alumni manager and Senior Manager of Class Programs. This position is an integral part of an 11 person team, all working on initiatives to further strengthen class identity at Stanford. The Student Programs Associate Manager will also work with other departments within Stanford Alumni Association (e.g. membership, marketing, alumni communities, alumni event services) to ensure partnership on student and recent grad oriented programs and services. CORE DUTIES*:
- Recruit student and alumni volunteers to facilitate their participation in student and alumni programs and events, including co-advising the Student Alumni Council
- Develop contacts and maintain relationships with alumni, faculty, students, staff, and vendors
- Execute a range of student and alumni events, programs and services, such as the Dinner Off the Farm program and Sophomore Alum Lunch
- Coordinate operational and logistical planning of student and alumni events, activities, outreach efforts, and event registration
- Produce reports to evaluate performance of student and alumni programs and services
- Recruit, on board and oversee the Reunion Team Leaders
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments within SAA and across campus to achieve the goals of student-alumni programs or projects
- Provide all administrative and event support for SAA graduate students and senior awards programs
- Provide program and administrative support to Alumni and Student Class Programs team, including PostGrads coding, Workzone request tracking and Reunion and student programs marketing support
- Oversee and advise the Student Alumni Council in managing the Student-Alumni Facebook page
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage complex timelines and multiple projects preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Copy editing experience preferred
- Demonstrated skills at building collaborative relationships with colleagues and students
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems
- Knowledge of social media channels and online documents such as Google Docs and Forms preferred
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's License.
- Constantly perform desk-based tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
- Some work on evenings and weekends
- May work outdoors
- Some local or domestic travel
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide
Job: Alumni Relations
Location: Alumni Association
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.