About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-091
Posting Start Date: 8/21/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $41,433 - $46,662
Overview of position:
- Assist with the annual external and internal college budget development
- Work closely with designated program managers, directors, and administrators to monitor expenditures and revenues as necessary
- Provide data, information, and analysis to divisions and departments on budgetary, fiscal, and student fee issues
- Records budget entries into the college's financial and personnel software
- Investigate and advise budget managers of remedies for budgetary discrepancies
- Perform monthly statistical analyses and comparisons of program expenditures versus approved budget
- Interact with various departments on campus to include administrators, faculty, staff and students; serves on college wide committee and councils
- Train the college constituents in the budget process and software
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in accounting, finance, and/or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in budgeting or accounting or related work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products to include Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of financial software
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education, governmental agency or non-profit
- Excellent customer service skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate information to faculty, staff, and students
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.