MEDICAL PHYSICIST C
Duties: The Medical Physicist C will be an experienced, board certified Medical Physicist who will participate in meeting the overall clinical physics needs of the Radiation Oncology Section. Will assume a lead role in certain areas of the Medical Physics division including (but not limited to):
1. Development, implementation and maintenance of Special Treatment Procedures and modalities
2. Design and development of proposed radiation oncology suites, including radiation shielding requirements.
3. Linear Accelerator and Proton Therapy Unit maintenance and QA, Overall Departmental Physics QA Program
4. Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning and Verification
5. Assistance in the oversight of radioactive materials handling and Department radiation safety as directed by the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Environmental Health and Radiation Safety
6. Coverage/assistance at Network Facilities as required,
7. Instruction of Medical Physics residents and students as required.
The Medical Physicist C is expected to maintain knowledge of current technologies and applicable regulations and remain an active member of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine.
Qualifications: Master's Degree, Board Certification (by ABR or ABMP) and 7 years of relevant clinical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Reference Number: 40-26636
Salary Grade: 032
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: RO-Radiation Oncology
Job Family: J-Technical/Professional Medicine/Health