Staff Assistant - Key West
Provide administrative support in student applications, maintenance and processing of student, faculty and/or staff policies and procedures.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to theAPPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
- Values statement (500 words or less) highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
Hourly rate: $12.50 - $13.46 DOE.
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Administers to student records processing, to include application input, record corrections, and file maintenance
- Manages student tuition assistance process, to include Veterans Administration benefits certification, military tuition assistance processing, and third-party billing
- Performs all administrative support duties, including arranging appointments, answering and screening telephone calls, mail processing and completion of tasks for an efficient and productive office
- Coordinates events and meeting arrangements, location and scheduling, room reservations, reminders and assembles information for distribution
- Responsible for processing finance and accounting records such as reimbursements, requisitions, purchase order tracking, monitoring of approvals, checking order status, maintaining log data, and accepting goods/services upon receipt in Datatel
- Act as a liaison with University campus offices and centers
- Ability to work evening hours until 10:30pm throughout the week
- Other duties as assigned by director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent customer service skills Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Datatel
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree plus two years administrative experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1580
Job Locations US-FL-Key West