Operations Manager for the New Bed Tower and Mart Building
Operations Manager for the New Bed Tower and Mart Building-1600403
The Facilities Manager for the New Bed Tower and Mart Building is responsible for maintaining the New Bed Tower/ Mart building to ensure that the facilities are accessible and are maintained in a safe and effective manner.
Duties of an Facilities Manager may include the following but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain preventive and predictive maintenance schedules for the building.
- Develop and maintain building maintenance electronic logs and records for all appropriate equipment and building systems.
- Review and monitor the building maintenance system to ensure that the equipment is functioning appropriately.
- Perform required maintenance and minor/major repairs to the building in accordance to the guidelines and standards of SB Medicine.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on all mechanical
- Systems for the building following the equipment’s manufacturer owner manuals
- Conduct routine, inspections of the facilities to ensure that the building meets the standards of the JCAHO, CMS, NFPA, New York State Department of Health and SB Medicine and all regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the performance of routine maintenance and minor/major repairs including carpentry, signage and painting for the new bed tower.
- Coordinate licensed inspections as required by the regulatory bodies that regulate health care.
- Coordinate major maintenance, shutdowns and repairs as required to mechanical systems, HVAC systems, boilers and generators for the new bed tower/ Mart buildings.
- Advise the Associate Director for Facilities of required major repairs or replacements for the capital and operating budgets.
- Develop the yearly capital and operating budgets for the new bed tower and Mart buildings.
- Development of departmental policies and procedures for the new bed tower and Mart buildings.
- Coordinate snow removal for the new bed tower and Mart buildings.
- Coordinate the grounds maintenance for the new bed tower and Mart buildings.
- Develop an utilities emergency safety plan for the new bed tower and Mart buildings.
- Develop staffing patterns for all shifts covered.
Required: Associates degree in the related field plus 7 years health care management experience in facilities and plant operations. In lieu of an Associate's degree, the candidate must have 10 years of management experience in health care facilities and plant operations.
The incumbent must be able to demonstrate their ability to maintain buildings and facilities in a safe and responsible manner, have team building skills, be able to analyze, problem solve and make decisions, have effective verbal, listening and writing skills and time management skills.
The incumbent must have a proficient knowledge of national, local and health care building codes, building construction and maintenance procedures, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, inspection procedures, building management systems, and electronic record keeping systems.
Preferred: Preferred experience in a research setting.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Associate Facilities Program Coordinator
Job Field: Other
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Project Management-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 7:30am - 4:00pmProject Management-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Aug 21, 2017
Posting End Date: Sep 20, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL4