GRADUATE ADMISSIONS AND RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 91843-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: NUR/FACULTY AFFAIRS/ADMIN
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91843-AS
Working Title: Graduate Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator
Official Title: SR STUDENT SERV COORD(T25BN) or STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A545000-SCHOOL OF NURSING/FACULTY AFFAIRS/ADMIN
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $36,790 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree required, preferably in college student development, student affairs, higher education, marketing, communications, or a related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least two years of professional experience in college admissions and recruitment, marketing and communications, academic affairs, student services, academic program management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position plays a key role within the admissions and recruitment team in the School of Nursing's Office of Academic Affairs. The team manages the student recruitment and admissions process from point-of-inquiry through enrollment for the schools undergraduate and graduate programs. This role demands a high level of collaboration, coordination and organization, effective communication skills particularly with diverse populations, skills in problem solving, and public speaking.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Familiarity with current research regarding student admissions, recruitment, and enrollment management.
* Ability to use Microsoft applications and other student information systems at a practitioner level, as well as utilize new recruitment/admissions technologies to increase efficiency and reach.
* Ability to serve as an articulate spokesperson for the mission and values of the School of Nursing.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to think, reason, and make sound judgments on how responsibilities are completed in compliance with school and university standards.
* Ability to work well in a multiethnic, multicultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
* A high degree of professionalism, discretion, and judgement.
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills, including proficiency with related systems and databases.
*Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with different stakeholders (prospective/current students, faculty, staff).
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now, from Jobs.wisc.edu, to begin the application process. Please submit ONE pdf file containing the following:
1) a letter of interest which highlights work experience in higher education.
2) a resume
3) contact information for three references.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Mandi Moy at email@example.com.
Online applications must be received by 11:55pm on the application deadline for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials may result in ineligibility for this position. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists. Eligibility to legally work in the United States without sponsorship is required by the anticipated start date of the position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 21 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 18 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time