Functional Title Admissions Counselor
Position Type Staff
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for identifying, cultivating and recruiting potential applicants for admission as traditional first-time freshmen, transfers, and non-traditional adults to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
The primary purpose of this position is to function as an Admissions Counselor for the office.
- Recruiting and cultivating prospects, applicants, and admitted students through direct participation in a variety of activities,
- Articulate admissions procedures and requirements to prospective students, parents and counselors,
- Evaluate credentials and make independent decisions regarding individuals' candidacies for admission,
- Positively affect admitted students' decisions to matriculate to UNCG,
- Provide support to the Assistant Directors in planning and executing targeted recruitment initiatives to increase UNCG's enrollment.
RECRUITMENT AND COUNSELING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visiting Individual high school and community colleges,
- Attending college job fairs,
- Sponsoring special recruitment events and open house programs,
- Sending email, writing letters, and placing calls to students,
- Executing and managing a geographic territory,
- Traveling extensively 7-9 weeks during the fall, and 5-6 weeks during the spring,
- Providing admitted students information on completing the enrollment process and serve as a referral to assist students on and off campus as needed,
- Counseling students on how to improve their academic record and increase chance of admission,
- Speaking publicly to audiences up to 2,500 people,
- May be assigned project management duties by the Senior Assistant Director, Senior Associate Director, or Director of Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree,
- Outstanding public speaking skills,
- Excellent computer skills,
- Valid driver's license,
- Ability to make independent decisions when interpreting policy,
- Ability to make research based decisions regarding the potential for success of specific recruitment initiatives.
- Previous experience in admissions
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with education and experience
Org #-Department Admissions - 10202
Job Open Date 08/21/2017
For Best Consideration Date 08/28/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you acquired your Bachelor's Degree?
- * This position requires extensive travel in/out of North Carolina. Additionally, evening and weekend hours related to recruitment programs. Are you able to fulfill this requirement?
- * Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
- Please describe your previous Admissions or Enrollment Management experience?
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu