Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) Lecturer/Director
Functional Title Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) Lecturer/Director
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
The Lecturer/Director is a full-time position reporting directly to the Department Head of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management. The position works with the chair of the department's Graduate Programs Committee and the faculty of the Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management. The primary areas of responsibility include teaching graduate and undergraduate level information systems classes, advising students, supporting students, alumni, and professional outreach. The position will involve an exact mix of teaching and administrative responsibilities, and will be based upon the candidate's competencies and departmental needs.
Job duties include but are not limited to teaching classes, advising students, maintaining and updating program documents, assisting with marketing and recruiting activities of degree programs, communicating with MSITM students (prospective, pending, admitted and enrolled students), actively promoting accelerated Master's program and administering necessary paperwork, administering surveys to graduating students, maintaining alumni database, conducting alumni outreach, and submitting recommendations for fellowships and scholarships. Additional duties include providing administrative and clerical support for the MSITM office, recommending graduate assistants (GAs) in consultation with Department Head and chair of the MSITM Committee, maintaining accurate records of GA assignments and budget, and monitoring I-9 requirements for GAs. Duties shall also include supporting professional outreach programs and initiatives. This position will oversee and provide support for responsibilities related to accreditation and assurance of learning.
- A master's degree in Information Systems or closely related field.
- Recent and relevant professional experience in the information systems area.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
The candidate must meet both SACA and AACSB related qualification standards to teach graduate courses in information systems. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong communication, organization, and planning skills.
Tenure Status Not on Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants must upload the following:
- Cover letter detailing personal qualifications as they relate to the position description.
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Info Systems and Supply Chain Mgmt - 11806
Job Open Date 08/07/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu
More jobs like this
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Professional Fields
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Business & Management
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Library & Information Sciences
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Science & Technology
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Computer Science & Information Technology