This candidate will work within the Distribution Engineering group which is responsible for the distribution system planning, customer and generation interconnection studies and customer support.
• The candidate will support group engineers with multiple tasks involved with the analysis, design, engineering, and construction of new Distribution projects.
• Will assist in the development of detailed Distribution engineering analysis, studies, databases, and programs required to determine the need and/or requirements for future system additions.
• This includes but is not limited to; identification and planning of new circuitry, substation upgrades, new substations, load flow studies, support of generation interconnection studies, Distribution Volt Ampere Reactive (VAR) programs, and Infrastructure Replacement Programs.
• The position will also support identifying and setting priorities for new Distribution projects, developing flexible short and long range plans to meet corporate reliability and system performance goals, and assisting in developing the zone's capital budget.
• The successful candidate will provide technical support to internal and external customers and resolution of complex system problems such as customer claims, power quality issues, and power delivery problems.
• Field Engineering also supports development, interpretation, and application of existing/new engineering standards and designs; investigation of circuit interruption and regional personnel. Will also maintain a safety conscious work environment by following safety protocols and safe work practices in addition to providing support with all other duties assigned.
• Knowledge in the area of Power System Engineering
• Experience using power system analysis software such as Positive Sequence Load Flow (PSLF), CYME or equivalent
• One or more years of distribution engineering experience
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 10:15:41 PDT