Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position provides accounting and customer service support for Business Office operations.
• Compiles and reconciles daily cash deposits from all Banner users; processes daily Banner fees for posting.
• Answers telephones and greets visitors; provides information and assistance to students and parents.
• Reconciles electronic payments.
• Enters daily bookstore and community education transactions.
• Enters and accounts for incoming cash from a variety of departments.
• Maintains outside scholarship accounts.
• Reconciles scholarship accounts.
• Maintains CH 33 payments for student veterans; tracks and processes Veterans Administration returns.
• Identifies and tracks nonsufficient fund payments; refers to collection agencies.
• Receipts incoming payments from collection agencies.
• Receipts and tracks payments for Study Abroad trips.
• Assists with monthly credit card and bank reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly sales tax reports.
• Tracks rejected direct deposits pre-notes for students.
• Maintains and reconciles petty cash funds.
• Reconciles accounts to the general ledger.
• Processes Banner refunds for Title IV, scholarships, housing deposits, grants, and over payments.
• Requests refunds for web credit card payments.
• Reviews Title IV recalculations for refunds.
• Enters data in support of the maintenance of student housing accounts.
• Posts late fees; processes bills for apartment housing charges.
• Maintains and updates student housing and meal charges.
• Updates and maintains housing and meal rates in Banner system.
• Reviews contracts, reassignments, and buy-out contracts for apartment housing.
• Processes student IDs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
A skills test will be conducted on interviewed candidates. Final candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and credit check.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in the provision of customer services.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
• Associate’s degree in a related field
• Two years of directly related experience