Director, Creative Services - Marketing & Communications
The University of Denver's Marketing & Communications Division is seeking a Director of Creative Services who will be responsible for overseeing and managing the visual, multimedia and print materials created by the Creative Services staff, ensuring that all deliverables visually convey the university's brand profile and adhere to its brand architecture. The Director is charged with determining the best ways to visually represent the University in various media including print and online, and is responsible for translating marketing objectives into creative strategies, designs, and executable plans.
- Leads the staff in developing creative and innovative concepts for print, digital, photography, and multimedia deliverables. Ensures that all work conforms to the high quality standard of the unit and that all creative staff understands what the brand identity of the university is, how to incorporate it in each project, and how to maintain brand integrity through the divisions products and services.
- Helps the University community at large to better understand the visual identity of the university, what centralized creative resources are available to them, and how to use the university's brand correctly in their work.
- Provides project planning and management for all Creative Services jobs and special projects. Ensures team members understand the desired outcome, budget, schedule, milestones, and purpose of each project. Helps resolve resourcing problems and acts as a sounding board to all staff when needed. Examples might be helping resolve a creative direction question, act as an independent review of work during development to ensure projects are on brand, or suggesting additional resources to help balance workload.
- Meets with Marketing & Communications leadership to talk about new projects and monitor ongoing work to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the division. Coordinates with members of other University units and represents Creative Service staff in the exchange of project information and deliverable needs up and down the communication stream.
- Constantly monitors and oversees workflow, looking for process or procedures issues that can be improved, modified, or changed to provide all creative staff with the most efficient and effective framework to work within.
- Mentors, leads, and challenges all teams to push their creative boundaries. Ensures all staff has the direction, training, and resources to be successful in projects. As a working manager, must be able to roll up sleeves and assist on any project team at any time needed to ensure successful outcomes.
- Helps staff understand and negotiate change, encouraging them to be adaptable and flexible as emergency projects arise, work procedures change, roles and responsibilities realign, etc., so that each staff member can grow and thrive as an active and contributing member of the team.
- Approves and stands behind all work performed by Creative Services.
- Gathers and manages production teams for special projects of the Vice Chancellor for Communications and Marketing and the University's administration, ensuring that the team members gathered for such projects understand their roles and responsibilities while working outside their normal teams.
- Serves on various university committees to represent the interests of Creative Services and Marketing and Communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated experience in digital, multimedia and print.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Art Direction or similar discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing creative staff across multiple disciplines, including but not limited to graphic design, video production, and photography.
- Experience working in an agency or another fast paced, multi-stakeholder environment.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.