Manager, Business Operations - HERS
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the Manager, Business Operations will support the financial and organizational operations of the HERS (Higher Education Resource Services) central office. The incumbent to this position will play an significant role in data collection and reporting to support business decision making and research.
Daily and monthly recording of financial activity including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. Monthly reconciliations of bank and investment accounts. Collection activities related to accounts receivable. Management of functional office activities. Point of contact for building and inter-department relations. Responsible for the utilization and expansion of the use of technology for improved organization wide efficiencies.
Continual review of business operations and the implementation of processes to improve efficiency and reduce expenses. Development of organization best practices related to purchasing and participant registration. Review of existing and development of new vendor contracts including monitoring of adherence to the contracts.
Collect and manage data so that it can be used to analyze business functions, productivity and redundancies. Create and enforce policies for effective data management. Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data. Development of organizational metrics to monitor business functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- Three years' experience in business or administration, to include experience in financial management.
- Three years full-time experience in full accounting function utilizing QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
- Master's degree or graduate coursework.
- Experience working within higher education.
- Five years' experience in organizational management, preferably with a non-profit organization.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.