Clinical Faculty (Open Rank) - Graduate School of Social Work
Applications are invited for a full-time, benefited, non-tenure-track Clinical Faculty position (open rank) starting on or before January 1, 2018. The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is seeking to add a colleague, to be based in the Denver area, whose innovative ideas and online teaching skills support our mission of educating MSW students and fostering social and economic justice. The Denver-based position's primary responsibility is to the Online MSW program which includes developing/ teaching online courses and participating as a member of the online program team. The Online MSW program concentration is Mental Health and Trauma. The faculty member will also teach courses across the MSW curriculum, in-person and online, in the Denver, Four Corners and Western Colorado programs. Persons who have social work practice experience with diverse populations will contribute to the diversity of our academic community and are encouraged to apply. The position responsibilities will begin on or before January 1, 2018. For more information about the GSSW curriculum, and the University of Denver, please visit www.du.edu/socialwork.
- MSW degree with a minimum of 5 years post-MSW practice experience.
- 4-5 years of higher education classroom teaching experience.
- Ability to teach in both the Foundation and Concentration curriculum throughout the MSW program.
- Excellent teaching skills and experience.
- Ability to mentor and advise MSW students and engage in community service activities that promote the mission of the school.
- Areas of expertise to include generalist, community practice, and/or mental health and trauma.
- Experience in online teaching.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: Brian Gonzales at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter that illustrates their interests and expertise in teaching, curriculum and student development.
- Three letter of reference and teaching evaluations (if available). These specific documents should be submitted directly to the dean's office:
Amanda Moore McBride, MSW, PhD
Morris Endowed Dean and Professor
University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work
Craig Hall 306 2148 S. High Street
Denver, CO 80208
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.