Vice President of Enrollment Management
Vice President of Enrollment Management
About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported liberal arts institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
As a key member of the executive management team, the vice president of enrollment management (VPEM) will report to the president and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the university. The VPEM directly participates in institutional planning and decision making as a member of the President’s Executive Council, and provides strategic leadership and direction to the University, directly and indirectly, in all facets of institutional initiatives related to student enrollment management.
The VPEM has direct responsibility of undergraduate, graduate, transfer, international, and online admissions, on both the Russellville and Ozark campuses. Also reporting to the VPEM are recruiting, financial aid, marketing and communication, and university relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establishes strategies and implements a comprehensive enrollment plan for the University that supports and advances the One University vision, with stackable degrees ranging from certificates to doctorates.
2. Coordinates recruiting efforts for undergraduate, graduate, international, transfer and online students on all campuses in order to gain efficiencies and support a highly targeted, data-driven enrollment plan.
3. Directs the development and implementation of progressive recruiting strategies, enrollment practices, policies and initiatives to prepare for shifting state, national and international trends.
4. Works as a valuable member of the student success leadership team to determine why students are successful at Arkansas Tech and facilitates the creation of related programs to positively impact retention efforts.
5. Reduces barriers to enrollment by implementing forward thinking programs and policies that optimize student-institution fit and successful student transition to the university for in-state, out-of-state and international students.
6. Develops, designs and executes marketing and communications campaigns, optimizing technology to generate targeted, segmented communications across all facets of the admission pipeline.
7. Maintains positive and collaborative working relationships with all academic and student support offices, and cultivates faculty relationships and involvement in enrollment and marketing initiatives.
8. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement innovative recruitment strategies, partnerships and admissions policies to achieve desired enrollment goals.
9. Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
10. Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.11. Develops, manages and adheres to annual department budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
12. Participates in the review, development, and establishment of general University policies and procedures as a member of the President's Executive Cabinet.
13. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· An earned Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
· Significant progressive administrative experience in mid to upper level management in higher education or comparable industry responsibility, including at least five (5) years in enrollment management at a college or university.
· A significant, proven record of leading successful, high-performance teams in the field of enrollment management in higher education.
· Extensive knowledge of best practices and current trends in the enrollment field.
· Knowledge of national and international trends and developments in recruitment and admissions for the purpose of modeling and strategic planning.
· Success in employing strategies to increase out-of-state and/or international and/or online enrollment.
· Understanding of student information systems and financial management processes in optimizing financial aid leveraging and packaging at the institutional level (Experience with oversight preferred).
· Exceptional ability to work collaboratively with administrators, academic leadership, faculty, staff, students, community leadership, public officials, funding agencies, and members of the community at large.
· Experience in managing annual and long range budgets, aligned with the university strategic plan.
· Experience in and proven commitment to advancing diversity from historically underrepresented groups with a record of fostering an inclusive environment.
· An earned Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
· Visionary and strategic thinker with the complementary experience in balancing the implementation of both short term and long range enrollment plans.
· Experience with implementing successful major change initiatives.
· Demonstrated expertise with market segmentation, positioning and messaging; traditional and digital marketing and advertising; and data collection and analytics.
· Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong quantitative aptitude and experience with predictive modeling and financial aid leveraging.
· Advanced analytical, evaluative and objective critical thinking skills.
· Strong Strategic planning and performance measurement skills.
· Demonstrated success in fostering a cooperative work environment built on solid organizational planning, structuring, staffing, development and performance management processes.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to present effectively to both small and large groups.
Conditions of Employment:
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
What to Submit:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for five references.
Questions regarding the Vice President of Enrollment Management vacancy may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for the Vice President of Enrollment Management position, all applications and materials must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone by September 25, 2017. Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.