Senior Audio-Visual Consultant
Under minimal supervision of the Director, Client & Instructional Solutions, the Senior A/V Consultant is responsible for the management and operation of all media and A/V-based technology at The Anderson School, supporting classes, events, and special programs.
Working in conjunction with multiple Anderson units, the incumbent will ensure the necessary technology, equipment, and on-site support for all on-campus classes and events as well as some off-campus events such as Board of Visitors meetings, the Dean's Distinguished Speaker Series, the Wooden Awards, TED, and private Salon dinners with the Dean. Incumbent must be detail-oriented, with eye to the mission of the school, education, and service. Coordinate the recording, projection, and delivery of distance learning in spaces such as our 13 classrooms, Korn Convocation Hall, and outdoor areas using such tools as Mediasite, Polycom, Zoom, and specialized A/V equipment deployed at The Anderson School. Consult for other ACIS teams to design and integrate computing and A/V equipment for classroom and event use. Determine, set up, configure, operate, and support acoustic, lighting, and A/V equipment needs for classes and events. Provide orientation and training for various levels of operation of sound equipment, class recording equipment (Mediasite) and portable A/V equipment.
Incumbent will have high level of interaction with a wide variety of customers, staff, students, faculty, university customers, rental customers, and other VIP's for events with the Board of Visitors. Provide Day of Event technology leadership and on-site support to ensure maximum efficiency and smooth flow of event. Ability to work evenings and weekend including responding to emergency support. Ensure an adequate amount of properly trained A/V technicians on staff for major events
Incumbent must have strong project management skills and coordinate all the technology needs for The Anderson School. Manage A/V integration and upgrade projects and coordinate activities with vendors and other facility teams. Foster and maintain cooperative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu. Reference UCLA REQ. # 26561
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in designing, installing, integrating, and supporting complex Audio/Visual systems, including but not limited to microphone systems, still and video cameras, lighting systems, projectors, flat screens, interactive boards, mixers, video servers, AV control systems, AV management systems, touch screen panels, screen sharing devices, video capturing, storage, and streaming systems, and event management systems.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing, scheduling, and coordinating time-sensitive activities with multiple groups to ensure projects and tasks are completed on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective on-site A/V support and leadership at high level events.
- Strong customer service orientation and possess the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with students, faculty, staff, guests, facility workers, as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge in A/V products and services from leading manufacturers such as AMX, Crestron, Extron, and etc.
- Working knowledge in A/V equipment programming and system integration using tool such as AMX's RPM.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct