Lead Cyber Security Engineer
We are seeking a Lead Cyber Security Warrior to lead a team of cyber security engineers providing cyber security for SMBs (Small and Medium-sized Businesses) - companies with a handful of users up to those with several hundred users.
Perform security assessments, risk analyses and remediation implementation using a full range of highly capable tools, mature, streamlined processes and world class security products, services and subscriptions.
Install and configure cyber security solutions to address the CIS (Center for Internet Security) 20 Cyber Security Controls, develop defense-in-depth architected solutions and provide security consulting support.
The ideal person for this role is an experienced IA professional, technically capable, self-motivated, and can effectively communicate, and influence and lead others to deliver the right security solutions to protect valuable client information. A range of Cyber Security experience from policy to hardening to architecture is desired in this position.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent positive team attitude, great communicator, and be a team player. Should be the well-known "go-to" technical security person and is always willing to help others succeed
• Cyber security experience scanning and hardening workstations, servers and network devices in commercial business environments
• Well versed in common Cyber Security terminology, vulnerability test principles and methodologies, possess knowledge of cyber incident management and response, and related current cyber events
• Strong and organized writing and communication skills -- telephone, briefings, documents, and concise reports relaying complex technical information to both technical and non-technical clients
Ability to partner with clients' existing internal or outsourced IT teams to deliver cyber security solutions or deliver fully secured IT solutions from LP3-SecurIT
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct Security Maturity / Risk (SMR) security assessment interviews, scans, and follow on data reduction and analysis
• Develop and conduct peer-reviews of SMR reports
• Conduct penetration testing - wired (wireless is a plus)
• Conduct risk analyses and develop risk mitigation strategies and implementation plans
• Support sales team as the Cyber Security engineer interacting with potential clients
• Support sales team by developing technical solutions proposals based on vulnerability assessments and risk analyses
• Develop and implement defense in depth security solutions - install safeguards and remediation solutions
• Advise client leaders on cyber security topics and establish top priorities for remediation solutions
• Advise customers on best security practices and provide input to draft customer security policies
• Provide incident response functions and coordinate activities with customers
• Support and/or conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information
• Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned such as lead development of new IA capabilities, products, and services
• Assist in improving internal cyber security processes, tools and methods
• Experience hardening Windows, Linux, and Apple hosts and network infrastructures, including routers, firewalls, IDS, switches, etc.
• Professional knowledge and experience in information systems security policies and practices, state-of-the-art security tools and applications, and a thorough knowledge of IT
• Experience with multiple vulnerability assessment scanning tools, network topology mappers, and other security related tools
• Demonstrated ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
• Working knowledge of security-related compliance regulations e.g.: HIPAA, SSES 16, PII, PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA, etc.
• Knowledge of industry system security control frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, etc.
• Security: CISSP, SANS GSEC, Security+, Net+, SCNP, SSCP
• Technical Depth: MCSE, RHCE, CCIE, CEH, CISA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
• Travel every other week for 2-3 days may be required in some roles
LP3 is an innovative small company delivering Information Assurance consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers. LP3 is a proven leader in cyber security services nationwide, providing our customers with solutions tailored to meet rapidly evolving IT and cyber security needs. Our depth of knowledge and experience gained protecting our Nation's IT infrastructure over the past decade allows us to offer the highest caliber of IT and security services to our corporate clients. At LP3, we consider our people our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters growth, respect, and integrity. As an employee of LP3, you will be empowered to contribute and make a difference on day one.
San Diego, CA
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:14:40 PDT