Mill and Lathe Programming Supervisor
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience for medium size machine shop or job shop environment. Be intimately familiar with all precision parts and larger scale machined parts and proficient in all programing of machines required to make those parts. Management experience in a machine shop environment. The candidate will posses excellent oral and written communication skills in addition to strong planning and organizational skills.
Additionally, be able to have machinist perform tight tolerance dimensions and manage to print conformity while accurately reporting and following process. The level of quality expectation is very precise, holding tight tolerance up to +/- .0001.
Initiating and maintaining detailed procedures and documentation is key in this position. Use of Excel, Word, and Adobe Reader
Working knowledge of CNC mills and Lathes up to 5 axis is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
•Ability to Program Lathe and Mill operations for 20 machinist
•Overseeing all set up and proper tooling required for program activities for high machine utilization.
- A high-functioning knowledge of IGF and G-code programming at the control including hand calculation tool path ( Okuma, Haas, and Fanuc controls). Lathe and Mills
- A functional understanding of the application of part positioning and for dimensional verification
- Safely set up parts and select proper cutting tools.
- Possess sound judgment
- Be able to read and interpret intricate prints into machine programs; Have a functional understanding of advanced shop mathematics including geometry and trigonometry.
• Proficient in programming CNC Lathes and Mills (5 and 6 axis) using Mastercam and macros.
• Ability to design required fixtures to aid in setup and clamping of parts.
• Ability to estimate and monitor machining times.
• Proficiency in interpreting and understanding engineering drawings.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve machining problems.
• Ability to instruct and train employees to operate all CNC equipment.
• Must be able to help direct and answer questions from CNC operators.
• Computer experience to generate CNC programs is required.
• Technical drawing and documentation viewing, reading, writing, and printing skills.
• Understanding of ISO 9001 quality control system procedures and requirements.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and improve the procedures for managing tooling requirements and machine maintenance. Excellent math and computer skills ( Any ERP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) E2 a plus.
• Communication skills: fluent in both English & Spanish a plus
The Company has been providing high quality precision production machining services for 18 years to companies throughout the world.
We specialize in precision machining with a large amount of experience in the oil and gas industry as well as some aerospace and medical production. We work with multiple materials anywhere from all types of steel to copper & bronze to nickel based alloys such as inconel to titanium and tungsten.
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:36:05 PDT