Project Manager - Insurance & Financial
- Responsible for driving business outcomes of the business case and investment justification form; medium and large scale, complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and matrix partners.
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners (within and across LOBs) to oversee all Technology Delivery Life Cycle (TDLC) phases of a project, TDLC deliverables, and adherence to Program and Project Management standard practices set by PMO.
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues, in order to, manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Participate in the project planning and manages the execution of projects to plan.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost and quality parameters. Proposes recommendations and process change through defined change management procedures.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance; validate financial forecasts and provides ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project expenditures.
- Typically lead vendors and/or contractors in the context of a project; Manage adherence of vendor commitments against projects deliverables and quality thereof
- Define and tracks project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, risk plan and related project management artifacts.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Ensuring that all team members understand the scope of the project as well as their responsibility / accountability with deliverables.
- Compiling and maintaining project status reports and minutes of meetings.
- Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project's requirements, unexpected challenges etc.
- Ensure end results are of the highest quality with clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business value and outcomes.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a closely related discipline required
- Program/Project Management Professional (PMI ACP or SAFe, SPS, PSPOI or equivalent certification preferred
- 7+ years of applied experience with managing medium to large, cross technology IT projects
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering medium to large projects. (Budgets up to 2M)
- Experience and familiarity with Insurance and Financial Services business systems strongly preferred.
- Experience in project management, SDLC, ITIL and application or infrastructure solution development and deployment
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Sound business and technical acumen.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
HCR Group places both direct hire personnel and consultants around the country.
New York, NY
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:11:31 PDT