The Board of Trustees of Northwest State Community College invites nominations and applications for the position of President of this comprehensive, two-year public institution located in rural Archbold, Ohio. The College was founded in 1968 as a technical institution and has evolved into a premier comprehensive community college. The college will soon celebrate its 50th anniversary and serves the Ohio counties of Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding, VanWert, and Williams. Northwest State enrolls over 6,000 students and employs 150 full-time faculty and staff.
The President reports to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for providing all academic and administrative areas with the visionary leadership of Northwest State Community College in its mission, vision, and strategic initiatives.
This position requires a Master’s Degree (terminal degree preferred) and the successful applicant will have proven managerial and leadership skills. The President must be a leader who serves as an integral business and industry partner in support of economic and workforce development in the region. The President will also possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities including:
- Knowledgeable about current and emerging trends in American higher education
- Experience in successful strategic planning with an ability to work with others in programmatic implementation
- Committed to student engagement and the role that higher education can play in improving student lives
- Ability to build relationships and maintain communication, both within and beyond the campus community, and secure resources to meet the financial needs of the college
- Experience in building high-performing teams and a broad understanding of financial reporting
The President supervises the Cabinet, the Director of Development and NSCC Foundation and administrative assistants and has overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the College.
Application and complete job description including specific duties and qualifications can be accessed on our website www.northweststate.edu by clicking “Careers at NSCC.” To ensure full consideration, qualified applicants must submit the following information via email in word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line of “President”:
- Completed application
- Cover letter which describes how the applicant meets the qualifications necessary for the position of President
- Unofficial transcripts
- A list of references including the name, telephone number and email address for your most recent prior two supervisors, one colleague and one community member or business reference
Only candidates following the outlined process will be considered for this position. No phone inquiries or on-site applications will be accepted.
Apply for President
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly