Annual Fund Leadership Giving
Full-time, year round position, job group and level PT-4
The Annual Fund Leadership Giving Officer works strategically within the class fundraising structure to promote leadership giving and achieve fundraising goals within the Annual Fund. This individual will play a vital role in raising leadership-level Annual Fund gifts and will travel frequently to meet with the College's alumni and family donors and prospective donors to engage these members of the Amherst community in conversations leading to increased and sustained current-use gifts.
The Annual Fund Leadership Giving Officer will report to the Director of Class Campaigns and Annual Fund Leadership and collaborate with class managers to set a strategy to meet Annual Fund goals. The Officer's travel schedule will align strategically to support increased giving to the Alumni Fund and Parents' Fund.
The Annual Fund Leadership Giving Officer will work across Advancement to identify, coordinate, provide outreach, solicit and steward gifts between $1,821 and $50,000 to the Annual Fund. This individual will play a vital role in elevating the Amherst reunion giving program, promote five-year pledges at a leadership level, and raise the profile of Amherst giving societies through personal outreach.
This individual takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Manage a portfolio of 100-175 donors, prospective donors, and future track (unrated) donors.
- Strategize with the Director of Class Campaigns and Annual Fund Leadership for the design and implementation of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Frequent travel to engage these key members of the Amherst community.
- Travel domestically to meet with Amherst alumni and families to directly make the case for leadership giving
- Work with colleagues, strategically plan outreach to align with the current and future fiscal year-end goals
- Maintain records and reports pertaining to visits and assist in stewardship efforts
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and advance relationships strategically and proactively
- Two years of experience working in a fundraising environment, or applicable and relevant experience in a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal customer service, and analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated volunteer management experience
- Ability to work both independently and creatively within established guidelines, while at the same time functioning as a member of a team in a complex fundraising environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Database experience, proficient in MS Access, Excel, and Word; and ability to learn new software
- Some evenings and weekends, and travel domestically (35-50%) to visit with prospects and volunteers throughout the year and as necessary
- 3-5 years experience with fundraising in higher education
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!