Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will follow and maintain our existing QA process. The SQA Engineer will oversee all areas of quality measurements in software development and technical project task execution.
The SQA Engineer will use exploratory techniques on code to improve coding standards, reliability and security. Using test automation software programs the SQA Engineer will set up repeatable test trials and preconditions to examine product functionality, content and user friendliness. When testing phase is completed the SQA Engineer will identify and document process, product defects and provide feedback to development using the bug reporting tool.
Aside from product testing, the SQA Engineer may also review product requirements and specifications in order to foresee potential issues, provide input of functional requirements and advise on design
Some specific work tasks:
• Maintain a database of known defects for developing automated testing for repeat issues.
• Report on repeating issues leading product & process improvement projects in collaboration with development managers.
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The candidate should have documented working experience in software quality assurance:
• Proven working experience in software development
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
This position will require attention to detail, strong debugging and troubleshooting skills. An ability to provide detailed defect and resolution reports.
• 2-4 years of experience coding in C#, developing web services and structured data frameworks and models.
• Strong written and verbal communications, demonstrated history of team collaboration, and problem-solving skills are necessary
• Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and work within a team comprised of technical and business roles.
• Ability to provide documentation for communicating to technical & business audiences as well as for use in training others.
• BS/MS degree in computer engineering, computer programming or information technology.
For over 28 years, Business Ink has specialized in data-driven communication services within highly regulated industries. We are a privately held company founded in Austin, with multiple facilities in Texas and North Carolina.. We serve at least 12 distinct industries (ranging from health care to transportation.) We are a certified Women Business Enterprise and HUB vendor. EEO Company. We utilize e-verify. Pre-employment Screening: Drug screening and background check required. All prospective employees are also screened against the government entities: OIG list of excluded Individuals/entities, as well as the System for Award Management (SAM) for federal violations. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws postings: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) http://www.fmla.com, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) https://www.eeoc.gov/ , and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 13:51:18 PDT