Data Integration Developer and Manager
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Programming/Report Writing/Reporting Frameworks (SSRS, Cognos, SSAS, [MS SQL Server],MS BI or Tableau) coding, configuration, SQL scripts, reporting design, unified data layers, data marts, reports and ad hoc queries.
- Interface Administration (MS SSIS, Data Integrator): build new ETL interfaces, maintain current ETL interfaces.
- Analysis (data interfaces and definitions) in conjunction with principal users and decision-makers, significant participation in decision-making about data needed to be integrated and needed for data warehouse. Run meetings and participate in institutional decisions making.
- Data Warehouse Design define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. Specifically for business intelligence and reporting.
- Working with vendor system analysts understand use cases from other schools and best approaches to our data and reporting environment.
- Architecting database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Working with other IT areas for data feeds & support troubleshooting. Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): BS or BA degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Degree in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or similar field.
- Required Field of Expertise: 3+ years of development experience with SSIS 2012 and 2016
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Report Writing and ETL tools. Preferably Cognos and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Required Field of Expertise: 4+ years in a hands-on data integration development role(with ERP softwarea plus)
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience with reporting tools and visualization tools such as Cognos, Tableau or Microsoft BI.
- Required Training/Cert: 3+ years andhighproficiency with SQL 2012 and 2016 scripting skills.
- Computer Programming, verbal, writing communications, analytical thinking, problem solving, assisting others
- Programming: Languages: SQL, Perl, Python, SSIS or other data integration tools, Cognos.
- Database Administration: MS SQL Server, Informix, MS Access, relational databases
- Software use and management: Enterprise Software: Database tools, experience with ERP systems; Specialized software: Jenzabar, Cognos, ETL tools particularly SSIS.
- System software: Active Directory, data warehousing tools
- Reporting/Querying software: Cognos, Crystal Reports, MS Access
- Data Design: relational database, tables and virtual lookup tables, views, primary and foreign keys, triggers.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of an organization
- Interest in managing others in a highly technical environment. Experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical resources.
- Ability to take initiative and lead technical projects end-to-end
- Must have good knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts. Self-starter, energetic and motivated contributor.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with strong ability to multi-task and shift focus as necessary to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night and weekend work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.