Assistant / Associate Professor of Social Work
- Teach in the MSW and BSW programs. Provide traditional face-to-face and online instruction that supports the departmental mission.
- Engage in scholarly productivity in a social work-related area.
- Provide effective student advising.
- Demonstrate professional service engagement with academic and social work practice communities.
Work Environment: This position requires daily contact with students, faculty, and staff on campus. Additionally, the successful candidate must have the ability to work with the outside community.
Employment Conditions: A nine-month, full-time tenure track appointment with faculty rank. Salary is competitive and dependent on academic qualifications. There may be the option of additional summer employment if funds are available. Credit toward tenure may be granted for candidates who hold an equivalent Assistant / Associate Professor position at another college or university.
Position Availability: August 16, 2018
- MSW degree from a CSWE accredited institution and a doctorate degree in social work or a related field by the expected start date of August 16, 2018.
- Two or more years of post-MSW professional social work practice experience.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Evidence of social work-related scholarship/research.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative engagement within the department and across the university.
- Evidence of successful academic leadership experience.
- Familiarity and experience with CSWE accreditation standards.
- Evidence of successful teaching with online educational technology.
- The capacity to pursue external funding for scholarly projects.
Application Timeline and Procedures:
- Review of applicants will begin on October 23, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
- Required materials:
- A letter of interest, including teaching philosophy;
- Current curriculum vita;
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Sample of scholarship;
- Copies of all graduate transcripts; and
- Names and contact information (postal address, email address, and phone number) for three professional references.
Background Check Statement: Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.