Senior Quality Engineer
• Develops and maintains quality standards and plans and procedures to assure our client's products meet required specifications, standards, and systems.
• Plans, coordinates, and directs quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards.
• Provide quality support in the development of manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining production and development programs including new and complex hardware programs.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of process design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
• Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
• Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
• Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
• Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
• Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
• Designs and implements quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
• Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years quality or process engineering experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
• Machining, metal fabrication, welding, heat treat, metallurgical background and NDT quality processes experience or highly related required.
• Experience with FAA policies and procedures a plus.
• Requires the ability to read and interpret ANSI Y14.5 blueprints, understand the use of precision measuring instruments.
• Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Quality Control plans.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
• Strong with ISO 9001:2000 or ISO TS 16949:2002
• ASQ certification as a CQA or CQE
• Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
Competitive Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
Equal Employment Opportunity
Profit Sharing and Bonuses
College Point, NY
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 17:48:12 PDT