Standardized Patient Educator
Standardized Patient EducatorJob Description:
This position will report to the Director of the Harrell Professional Development and Assessment Center. Duties include:
- Train standardized patients (SPs), physical exam teaching instructors for purposes of assessment and teaching training for evaluation purposes will reach the preset reliability standards.
- Assist in planning, organization, and implementation of assigned instructional activities and examinations.
- Assist in the orientation of students, residents, and others to the activity and center.
- Recruit and schedule SPs, physical exam teaching instructors and patients with fixed physical findings.
- Assist the Center secretary in scheduling training and planning sessions.
- Keep supervisor current on progress or problems on assigned activities.
- Attend and participate in meetings to plan projects and activities.
- Work with Faculty in the planning of activities and attend planning meetings as needed.
- Assist in collection of data relevant to the different projects (i.e. Quality assurance of standardized patient surveys, faculty surveys, feedback forms).
$40,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in a health-related discipline is preferred
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex educational programs
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, including faculty, students, standardized patients and center staff
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit the following documents as part of their online applications:
1. Cover letter or letter of interest
2. Curriculum Vitae or Resume
3. List of three references
This is a time-limited position. Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No