Senior Research Associate
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Senior Research Associate
Nature of Work:
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing operations and SOPs at the newly established Gates Biomanufacturing Facility to meet client and cGMP requirements for the manufacture, testing, and distribution of cell-based products for patient administration. Some aspects of the position will require project management and interface with clients.
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
- HIPAA - Research
This position requires experience related to performing aseptic cell culture manipulations for a variety of human-derived cell populations.
This position reports directly to the Director of Cell Therapy at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility.
This position may have Professional Research Assistant(s) that will directly report to the incumbent.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Full-time position at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility located nearby the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Development and implementation of startup operations and SOPs at the new facility to meet client and cGMP requirements for cell-based products.
- Develop Cell Therapy-based manufacturing processes.
- Perform aseptic cell culture on a routine basis.
- Perform cell characterization and cell-based assays on a routine basis.
- Development and implementation of process development screening and optimization experiments as well as manufacturing operations of cell-based products at the new facility.
- Develop and implement new analytical test methods for characterization and safety testing of cell-based products.
- Analyze samples and interpret results. Perform calculations and statistical analysis to complete research test results.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks, logs, and computer databases.
- Compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented. This may involve presenting the information to clients.
- Manage, monitor and maintain processing and testing equipment, facilities, and supplies. This will include routine handling and lifting of laboratory supplies, and bench-top equipment and regular cleaning of facility, supplies, and equipment.
- Perform calibration, verification, and qualification of equipment, processes, and test methods.
- Manage projects and tasks to meet project expectations related to timelines, budget, and quality.
- Long-term, direct and train Cell Therapy staff to achieve operational, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Long-term, employee could develop laboratory techniques related to the development, manufacturing, and analytical testing of proteins produced at this facility.
- Participate in business development activities as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to users of the facility.
- Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and prospective users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience culturing and performing aseptic cell culture manipulations for a variety of human-derived cell populations.
- Experience working in a start-up environment with a track record of being a team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently.
- Experience operating and maintaining cell/tissue culture and analytical equipment.
- Experience with cell isolation techniques.
- Experience with flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, ELISA, cell-based assays, cell viability assays, and fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience integrating cells with biomaterials for regenerative medicine/tissue engineering applications.
- Experience supervising technical staff.
- Doctoral Degree or equivalent experience in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience related to cell-based therapeutics.
- Experience working in a cGMP manufacturing setting related to biological drugs intended for human use.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10578
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Aug 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00050319