Sr. Custodian, Part-Time
Salary: $34,392 - $47,172
Title: Sr. Custodian, Part-Time
Category: Campus Operations and Facilities
Department: Palm Desert Center
Date Posted: 08/18/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, incumbent performs cleaning and general maintenance duties for the Palm Desert Center. Duties include both internal and exterior cleaning maintenance. In additional to daily operational cleaning duties, incumbent will assist with special event and classroom set-up and break down. Limited appointment with possibility of continued part-time to cover absences and assist when needed for projects, weekday evening and weekend events, and peak work times. Training will be included with hours to be discussed upon hire. Work hours will vary. Employee will be notified of schedule in advance.
Minimum Requirements: Communication Skills Basic:
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Knowledge of Custodial Service:
Six (6) months of experience in a custodial cleaning operation; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge of cleaning machines and tools, including their uses, basic repair, and maintenance.
Knowledge of safety related to custodial work, including knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, and disposal methods.
Ability to operate and maneuver cleaning equipment and machinery.
Ability to move up to 50 pounds and push up to 70 pounds.
Walk and stand for extended periods.
Stoop, bend, and climb ladders.
Preferred Qualifications: Math Skills - Basic:
Skill in performing basic arithmetic calculations, such as adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals, and fractions, as is necessary to perform the job responsibilities.
Writing Skills - Basic:
Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job responsibilities.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview