Set Up Attendant (Part-time; Weekends)
*This is a weekend position.*
Summary: Responsible for the set-up, refresh, tear down and cleanliness of all meeting and dining spaces to ensure the function room is set according to conference center and guest standards.
- Sets up tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by manager or group requirements.
- Checks and properly adjust temperature and lights. Checks electrical hook-ups for proper working order and tapes down all exposed cords.
- Provides audio visual (computers, projectors, flat screens, microphones, speakers, etc.) services including set up, instruct in proper equipment use, take down and secure storage of equipment.
- Pick-ups and delivers boxes/materials for functions as needed.
- Services function rooms during breaks.
- Breaks down of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment. Return all unused equipment in clean condition to proper storage area. Keeps function and equipment storage areas neat and clean.
- Transports linen to/from onsite laundry facility, places linens on tables for guest use.
- Performs deep cleaning of function areas as assigned in preparation for use, including vacuuming, removing trash, wiping tables and walls.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school graduate plus two years related hospitality experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety procedures.
- Proficiency with general computer use.
- Ability to follow directions, organize priorities, and make adjustments as needed.
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize space and equipment.
- Ability to interact with guests in a positive and tactful manner.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to operate golf carts and vans. Valid driver license with a good driving record; must be insurable.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, and hearing. Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Subject to both environmental conditions: activities occur both inside and outside.
Responsible for own work only.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States