Facilitator - Tsongas Industrial History Center
General Summary of Position:
Facilitation of School Group Visits: Direct Contact
Facilitation of School Group Visits: Preparation
Facilitation of Special Groups
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Impact of Actions
- Student (and adult) comfort and safety depend in large part on decisions and recommendations made by the facilitator.
- Annual visitation statistics must be accurate for reports and funding decisions.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ prior experience in managing groups of youth, interacting with visitors to a site, organizing information and anticipating possible problems to ensure smooth logistics for visitors, collaborating across various workgroups.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- able to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups (NPS Maintenance staff, museum teachers, visiting educators and students, and TIHC leadership team) to manage movement of school groups in a positive, effective way
- strong dedication to customer service
- organized and attentive to detail
- ability to predict and troubleshoot logistical complications
- ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Nature of position requires time outdoors in all kinds of weather and occasionally requires some work from home (phone calls) during extremely bad weather or emergency situations.
- It is often necessary to help move bulky lunch carts.
- Work involves a mix of routine, well-established methods and unusual or changing situations that require quick and sound judgment. The facilitator brings problems not of a routine nature to the attention of the manager.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position.