Coordinator I, Financial Aid Contact Center (17000635)
Coordinator I, Financial Aid Contact Center (17000635)
Lone Star College- System Office University Park
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Assists supervisors and managers by ensuring the accomplishment of operational outcomes in processes or programs.
- Monitors and controls resources
- Acquires and processes information in order to complete job function
- Develops objectives and strategies
- Documents/records information and reports
- Communicates with outside organizations
- Coaches and develops others
- Monitors processes, materials, and surroundings
- Implements effective operations
- Analyzes, plans, develops, implements and organizes schedules and programs for specific departments
- Monitors ongoing activities critical to success of students and/or financial situations
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Has basic knowledge of general office and software applications
- Ability to prepare reports
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound
- Ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years of related work experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Apply for Coordinator I, Financial Aid Contact Center (17000635)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly