Coordinator I, International, Honors & Engagement Programs (17000638)
Coordinator I, International, Honors & Engagement Programs (17000638)
Lone Star College- System Office University Park
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Under general supervision, provides oversight and facilitation of day-to-day operations within assigned area of specialty, participating in planning, development, evaluation and improvement. Assists with ensuring smooth and efficient operations. Responsible for coordination of support functions such as scheduling, communications, recruitment, marketing, workflows, supplies, information processing, and staff support. May be responsible for coordinating budget-planning process and for tracking and coordinating budget expenditures. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices.
Within International, Honors, and Engagement:
Within International, Honors, and Engagement (IHEP) the Coordinator will provide assistance to the Associate Vice Chancellor, helping with oversight of recruitment and marketing initiatives across Lone Star College (LSC) in order to ensure operational outcomes. General functions are primarily (but not entirely) focused on planning and coordinating off-campus and System-wide events, promoting International, Honors, and Engagement through presentations, publications, and outreach to alumni students and providing general Administrative assistance to the Associate Vice Chancellor.
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of assigned area. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as Subject Matter Expert and general point of contact within the area of specialty
- Creates and submits a variety of reports related to assigned department. Performs research and analysis to assists with preparation and presentation of findings. May make presentations at various levels both internally and externally
- Creates, organizes, and distributes a schedule of recruitment opportunities and events
- Develops and implements marketing strategies for targeted recruitment populations, especially under-served populations. Provides advice and assistance to the Administration on creation and implementation of services to meet the need of students
- Represents LSC at a variety of Outreach events, seminars, and workshops
- Meets with high school students and parents to advise on options and opportunities at Lone Star College. Explains the Honors and International admissions and registration process and ensures that students successfully complete the process
- Works with faculty and staff to promote the program activities and materials. Creates and implements feedback system for faculty to communicate program results
- May assist with maintaining compliance of processes and documentation
- Schedules and prioritizes work activities and develops and organizes training materials
- Assists with evaluation of programs and makes recommendations for revisions to processes and procedures, with a focus on continuous departmental/process improvement. Assists with development of new programs
- Coordinates and supports events sponsored or co-sponsored by The Honors College and/or International Programs
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Assists with planning, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Monitors and maintains website for department and external use
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment. Any specialized equipment typical to assigned functional area. May use small, general tools to put items together for events (such as, but not limited to, screwdrivers, hammers, nails…etc.)
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Marketing/Outreach Experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.