Executive Director of Institutional Reporting, Research, and Information Systems
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice Provost for Resource Management, the Executive Director of Institutional Reporting, Research, and Information Systems will provide effective management and expertise related to institutional research, analysis, data infrastructure, data governance, compliance, and reporting to produce timely and accurate information required to shape and support strategic institutional goals and decision-making. The Executive Director will perform the following essential functions:
• Serve as the University’s chief institutional research and analysis officer.
• Oversee professional staff that gather, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data, ensuring that they employ the highest professional standards of accuracy, objectivity, and timeliness to produce meaningful data to meet the decision-making needs of the University community.
• Supervise team leaders to develop detailed project plans, ensuring accurate documentation of business rules, technical designs, efficient use of resources, and timely completion of projects.
• Facilitate enhanced coordination of institutional research by collaborating with analytical and data warehouse teams to encourage greater efficiency and process improvement.
• Provide leadership to enhance institutional data governance and stewardship across a large, complex, and decentralized institution.
• Coordinate and set priorities and deadlines for all responses to routine and non-routine data requests from external entities and University constituents.
• Oversee reporting for institutional compliance with federal, state, and accrediting requirements.
• Research and monitor national trends in higher education institutional reporting and data analytics.
• Serve as a member of key institutional committees.
• Attend, present papers at, and represent the University at key conferences and symposiums.
The minimum qualifications for the Executive Director of Institutional Reporting, Research, and Information Systems include the following:
• Master’s degree in an analytical discipline, such as computer science, educational research, information systems, or a related field.
• At least 8 years of progressively responsible and relative experience in institutional research, business intelligence or analytics, data analysis, program evaluation, or related research practices in higher education.
• Disciplined, data driven approach to decision-making and problem solving with a sharp focus on metrics, outcomes, results, and timeliness.
• Expertise in methodologies of evaluation, assessment, survey research, statistics, data analysis, including experience with data warehouses.
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts and data to a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to work as a key partner and collaborate across multiple units and stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise effective teams that manage a complex and dynamic set of projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
Preferred qualifications for the Executive Director include the following:
• Ph.D. in an analytical discipline such as, computer science, educational research, information systems, or a related field.
• Greater than 8 years of experience related to institutional research in higher education.
• Academic publications related to institutional research and analysis.
• Proficiency with a statistical software package (e.g., Stata, SAS, SPSS).
• Experience in change management.
• Experience with dimensional modeling.
Please go to https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/search/0/ for a complete description and to apply for posting number 17-08-16-01-0457.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Please note that the Executive Director of Institutional Reporting, Research, and Information Systems is a security sensitive position.