Suffolk University, located in historic downtown Boston, with an international campus in Madrid, is a student-centered institution distinguished by excellence in education and scholarship. Suffolk University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in more than 90 areas of study. Its mission is to empower graduates to be successful locally, regionally and globally.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 24 universities in the US, UK, and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University and Suffolk University.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director, with a functional responsibility to the Director of International Admissions and Director of the Application Processing Center.
The Enrollment Manager is responsible for the oversight and direction of the admission and enrollment processes for INTO Suffolk University. This position, under the guidance and support of the Suffolk University Director of International Admissions, develops and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to assist students and enhance their experience in applying and being admitted to INTO Suffolk University. The Enrollment Manager will work in collaboration with the INTO North America Application Processing Center and the Suffolk University Admissions department.
Key accountabilities and duties
This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization, so the responsibilities will develop and change over time but will include the following:
- Optimize student satisfaction and academic success through the development and improvement of enrollment processes, and seamless progression and transition processes.
- Work closely with INTO Suffolk University staff to oversee enrollment process from registration through progression.
- In conjunction with the Application Processing Center (APC) will work closely to oversee application process in center, following all established applications and admissions procedures for INTO University Partnerships and Suffolk University.
- Develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to university partners, INTO Suffolk University colleagues, INTO’s global recruitment unit, INTO North America, applicants, students, agency representatives, and sponsoring agencies.
- Work with the Marketing and Recruitment Manager to assist with various projects as required, including circulation of updated entry requirements, communications, payments, etc.
- Optimize student conversion rates from potential inquiries through good relationship management with key stakeholders in collaboration with the APC.
- Implement admissions/enrollment processes and procedures for INTO Suffolk University as determined by the Director of International Admissions, in collaboration with APC Director and the Executive Director of INTO Suffolk University.
- Liaise with technical staff on information systems processes and procedures and work closely with the INTO Suffolk University Systems Integration Manager and relevant personnel on system problems and their resolution, and ensure consistent reporting of data.
- Oversee registration for INTO Suffolk University programs in collaboration with relevant academic and administrative teams.
- Manage and coordinate all Center operations related to admissions and registration. Support the flow of information between the academic, student services, learning resource center, admissions, and finance teams.
- Ensure that accurate and relevant management information is collated and is available to key stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with the distribution of commission payments where required.
- Supervise assigned position within the team, including hiring, assigning work, monitoring progress, and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is based at Suffolk University in Boston, MA
Commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of four years’ experience in managing and coordinating academic and administrative operations
- Experience using data systems to generate reports
- Demonstrated ability work with a team
- Experience with international admissions
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- Master’s degree in related field, i.e. international or student affairs
- Experience living and/or studying abroad
- Supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Proficiency in second language other than English
- Knowledge of student information systems such as Banner, PeopleSoft, and/or Colleague
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability working as a productive member of a large team
- Ability to lead and motivate an admissions team in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications and organizational skills
- Computer and electronic communication literacy
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume.
Open until filled.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.