Adjunct Faculty - General Health
Date: August 18, 2017
Title: Adjunct Faculty – General Health
Position number 823
Work schedule Fall and/or Winter Semesters: day/night classes
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Work Force Development
- The College is interested in seeking candidates to teach courses related to General Health in the Fall and /or Winter semesters at our downtown campus. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists prior to employment with Grand Rapids Community College.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach courses related to General Health.
- Maintain accurate course records and submit related reports as requested.
- Effectively assess student performance.
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment for students.
- Utilize multiple strategies to facilitate learning, i.e. small group work, workshops, etc.
- Incorporate new technologies and methods that enhance teaching and learning into his/her instructional methods.
- Support the Department and College through other work normally expected of adjunct faculty members.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field required. Example (RT, OT, PT, RN)
- Master’s Degree in health or a closely related field preferred.
- Successful teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Successful teaching experience at a Community College preferred but not required.
- Experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds and with varying academic skills.
- Participation in professional development and/or continuous improvement activities in order to remain current in the field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the community college philosophy and student population.
- An interest in working with diverse student populations, who represent a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin and ability.
- Interest in and willingness to work with changing instructional technologies used in and out of the classroom.
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule.
- High energy level with enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting students, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to work under pressure while possessing mature judgment and flexibility in regards to interruptions and schedule changes.
- Must use good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult situations in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a classroom and laboratory in an academic setting.
- Ability to work in a high traffic, indoor environment.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.grcc.edu/jobs. Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Please include your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College is committed to a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment. GRCC creates an including learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, height, weight, national origin, disability, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by stated and federal law. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, Mi 49503-3295.