Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Teach a variety of courses in a combined sociology program, especially those within the criminology concentration and undergraduate statistics or methods.
- Teach courses in Winthrop University’s innovative General Education Program.
- Participate in departmental, college and university service, including student advising.
- May have options of teaching gender, sexuality, race and ethnicity, or family, if qualified.
- Undertake research in the discipline and promote undergraduate research.
- Be an interested and congenial participant in a multi-disciplinary department.
Employment Conditions: A 9-month full-time tenure-track appointment with option of summer employment if funds are available. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
Position Availability: August 2018
- Ph.D. in sociology or a related field and graduate work in the field of criminology or deviance
- Evidence of teaching excellence and commitment to student learning.
- Evidence of ongoing program of research and publication, preferably using quantitative methods.
Application Procedures: Applicants should submit the following items via Interfolio:
- a letter of application indicating the position the applicant is interested in,
- a Curriculum Vitae,
- all graduate transcripts,
- a representative publication,
- a teaching philosophy, along with teaching evaluations for up to two classes, and
- two professional letters of reference.
Please address questions to Dr. Jeannie Haubert, Department Chair and Search Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline: Sept 22, 2017. Application materials received after the deadline date may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found.
Background Check Statement: Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.