Talent Management Specialist
Talent Management Specialist, Office of Human Resources – Requisition # 170000014N
This position will identify, acquire, and develop Human Resources (talent and potential to contribute) on which the success of every unit of the University depends. This position will conduct research with respect to departmental needs, perceptions of new and existing employees, satisfaction and effectiveness of training, to identify and implement best practices in employment and training efforts. This position will provide practical advice and counsel to departments and related committees with respect to locating, recruiting, selecting, and developing (training) faculty and staff. This position will serve as a resource and liaison to various campus departments and UT System committees; in this capacity this position provides assistance, research data collection, and analysis of services intended for process improvement in areas associated with recruitment, employment, and employee and organizational development. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering search committee training regarding hiring best practices and University selection procedures.
- Providing counsel to hiring managers/search committees regarding development of search timelines, materials, etc.
- Identifying and coordinating participation in recruiting events to advertise campus faculty and staff employment opportunities.
- Providing statistical analysis of HR employment data for data-driven decision making and process improvement.
- Leadership of New Employee Onboarding Program for non-faculty staff.
- Coordination and oversight of HR-led training and development efforts.
- Coordination of campus competency-based job description initiative.
- Coordination of campus Training Advisory Group (TAG).
- Conducting needs assessments to identify appropriate training needs, developing training content, and facilitating training and development sessions.
- Researching employee and organizational development best practices to inform campus initiatives.
- Overseeing and coordinating leadership training for all levels of supervisory staff and assists with other training and development programs to prepare potential leaders, to include designing and implementing a campus-wide cross training program and other programs necessary for appropriate succession planning.
- Monitoring the campus-wide performance management system and training all levels of employees on the performance evaluation process, including related tools.
- Providing guidance in training and instructional design efforts to HR staff subject matter experts, as well as campus-wide staff.
- Coordinating campus Learning Management System and related committees.
- Providing statistical analysis of HR training data for data-driven decision making and process improvement.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Human Resources, I-O Psychology, or related field. Minimum of three years of experience in designing, delivering, and coordinating employee and organizational development efforts. Previous experience with a Learning Management System preferred. Previous recruitment and/or employment-related experience preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Microsoft Outlook required. Must have demonstrated research skills (translating research into practical programs). Must have demonstrated skills in effective development and facilitation of training courses and materials.
Applications must be sent electronically to:
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.