Assistant Cross Country, Track & Field Coach
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4659 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
To assist in the administration of a Division I program in the sport of Men’s & Women's Cross Country/Track and Field consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Participate in the administration of the cross country/track and field programs by:
- Assist in the recruitment of all prospective student-athletes
- Coach, mentor, and instruct athletes in the middle distance and distance events , including cross country
- Assist the Director of CC/Track & Field in coordinating and supervising all daily practices
- Assist in administrative duties for the program as assigned by the Director.
- Assist in developing competitive schedules
- Assist with all contacts of Miami University cross country/track and field alumni and parents of past and present team members
- Assist in organizing and implementing all home meets and alumni events
- Perform other coaching functions and duties as assigned by the Director
- Assist the Director of CC/Track & Field in conducting the cross country/track & field programs in accordance with all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and university rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA Certification test, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA regulations
- Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings
- Serve as liaison to academic advisors, trainers and strength & conditioning staff
- Market the program through public speaking assignments and community service projects
- Participate in activities as requested by the Red and White Club
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of CC/Track & Field and/or athletic administration.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. 1-3 years coaching experience in distance; middle distance; track and field.
3. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
4. Valid driver’s license
5. Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check
Experience gained through volunteering will be considered in evaluating the qualifications of applicants.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.