Director of Assessment and Licensure
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg University's Education Department is seeking a Director of Assessment and Licensure. This is a full-time, 10-month administrative position. Working under the direction of the Department Chairperson, this person oversees and directs the assessment system for the University's undergraduate teacher licensure programs and graduate level principal and endorsement programs. This position will lead and coordinate assessment reporting (inclusive of CAEP, SPA, State of Ohio) through the use and management of databases or electronic assessment systems. Additionally, this position will work with faculty to establish and maintain key assessments for the entire unit and each individual licensure program. This position will develop data summaries and recommendations related to the education programs' key assessments, monitor changes in state and national policy, and report the findings and recommendation to the Department Chair and the Director of Graduate Studies. Additionally, this position will recommend to the Ohio Department of Education, those candidates who have completed licensure and endorsement requirements based on Wittenberg's approved programs. This position will also teach undergraduate and/or graduate level teacher education courses, based on their area of expertise and as the assessment cycle allows. Some travel within the state of Ohio and national meetings is required.
Minimum qualification for this position include:
- Master's degree in Measurement/Educational Assessment, Education, or related discipline with some quantitative experience. Doctoral degree in the field of Teacher Education preferred.
- Working knowledge of program assessment processes and accreditation standards in education (e.g. CAEP, SPAs, and the Ohio Standards for the Teaching Profession).
- Experience using database and/or electronic portfolio systems to manage and disseminate data for program improvement, approval, and accreditation.
- Evidence of independent and creative thinking in solving issues in education assessment.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to write technical reports needed for program approval and accreditation.
- Ability to work with department faculty and staff, state officials, and CAEP/SPA staff to lead assessment and accreditation processes.
- Experience teaching either at the pk-12 level or in teacher preparation programs.
Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please review our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, applicants will be prompted to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.