Assistant Registrar for Systems and Technology
Posting Date August 17, 2017
Position Title Assistant Registrar for Systems and Technology
Vacancy # V-1364
Department Registrar's Office
The Assistant Registrar for Systems and Technology, reporting directly to the University Registrar, will lead the Registrar's office in implementation, maintenance and training on student information systems within the Registrar's office.
1. Serves as a technical lead for Ellucian Banner development, training and data validation issues within the Registrar's office. Works with administrative offices and faculty for creation of COGNOS reports.
2. Assists with modifications to Degreeworks Scribe as well as Courseleaf Catalog and Curriculum Inventory Management tools.
2. Coordinates with OIT for updates and fixes to the student information systems.
4. Troubleshoots problems related to project issues, especially cross-functional and interdepartmental issues.
5. Works with technical (OIT) and user (Registrar) staff to determine goals and timelines for adopting new technology and functionality.
6. Coordinates the enrollment and degree reports that are submitted to the National Student Clearinghouse.
7. Assists in other functions as directed by the University Registrar and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Requires a bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience in a University Registrar's office, an Office of Information Technology, or in a similar University administrative office. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Registrar's office. Knowledge of FERPA. Experience working with Banner and Degreeworks required. Additional experience working with COGNOS, Courseleaf preferred. Successful background in project management and change management.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION