Molecular Physiology of Cardiac Pacemaking
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Physiology & Biophysics and
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology
The Proenza lab in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics and the Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical campus seeks creative, independent and motivated postdoctoral scientists for NIH-funded projects to study cardiac pacemaking and HCN channel biophysics.
Exciting high-impact studies await first authors! Projects in the lab include understanding the responses of the sinoatrial node to physiological challenges such as aging, disease and exercise training, identification of novel HCN4 channel regulators, and delineation of signaling microdomains in sinoatrial myocytes. Techniques include patch clamp electrophysiology to study isolated sinoatrial node myocytes and heterologously-expressed ion channels, biochemistry and proteomics to discover and characterize novel HCN channel interaction partners, and dynamic clamp and computational approaches to evaluate contributions of different ionic currents to pacemaking.
Job responsibilities and expectations:
- Contribute to experimental design
- Lead and organize data acquisition and analysis
- Troubleshoot protocols and equipment and develop new techniques as required
- Prepare figures and write manuscripts for publication in top journals
- Apply for postdoctoral fellowships
- Present work at national and international meetings
- Contribute to collaborative projects in the lab
- PhD in physiology, biophysics, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise with first author publications in at least one of the following areas: patch clamp electrophysiology, biochemistry and proteomics, FRET, Ca2+ imaging.
- Familiarity with principles of cardiac cellular electrophysiology strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver with strong work ethic and highest ethical standards.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English)
- Willing and able to work with mice
- Preference given to applicants who are eligible for training grants and postdoctoral fellowships.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10736
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20127 - SOM - Physiology
Posting Date: Dec 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Catherine Proenza
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00644715