Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position #212143 - Requisition 10772
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
This position serves on the Talent Acquisition and Compensation team in the campus HR office and may be located at the downtown or Anschutz Medical Campus. Our department provides customer-focused human resources solutions by partnering with our faculty and staff to advance the University's mission, vision and values.
This position determines and implements strategies for talent acquisition, job evaluation, and retention of University Staff and Classified staff; ensures compliance with FLSA and State personnel laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines; and communicates, internally and externally, about human resource practices and specific actions. This position reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment and experience utilizing web-based HRMS and applicant tracking systems.
Substitution: Technical or professional human resources experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree requirement but not for the two years of professional experience.
- 5 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Experience with job evaluation, selection and/or compensation.
- Experience working with Taleo ATS, sourcing on LinkedIn, and/or utilizing PeopleSoft HRMS or a similar system.
- Certification in selection or job evaluation from the State of Colorado or other professional certification (PHR, SPHR, IPMA, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, establish and maintain effective working relationships, and work effectively with internal and external constituents to satisfy service expectations.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interest and desire for a career in the human resources field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by August 31, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 31st may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Aug 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00212143