This position is responsible for the receiving inspection of purchased components, materials and contract manufactured products to ensure these products meet their approved specification or other contractual requirements.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Ensure quality standards for procured parts and materials are maintained.
• Interface with Engineering, Shipping/Receiving, Production Management, Procurement, and QA personnel for inspection of items on a priority basis.
• Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformance to procurement requirements.
• Examine items for shipping damage and defects in materials and manufacturing.
• Compare documentation, quantity, part number, serial number, and lot traceability of items received with procurement requirements data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of delivered product.
• Verify dimensional accuracy of items according to design drawings, parts manuals, organizational standards, and other specifications.
• Reject nonconforming items, verify reason(s) for rejection, generate discrepancy reporting data, and communicate with supporting personnel to determine action and follow through.
• Ensure all receiving inspection data is properly entered into procurement records system.
• Maintain inspection area in a neat and orderly fashion.
• High school diploma or GED at a minimum
• Ability to work on multiple projects within the same day
• Ability to follow directions, work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule and demonstrate effective time management
• Experience with detail-oriented work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Moderate computer skills
• Excellent manual dexterity and attention to detail
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• College education
• Material processing, quality inspection experience in aerospace industry
• Warehouse, receiving, or shipping experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Aug 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00737182