JOB NO.: 90057-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/CIO OFFICE
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90057-AS
Working Title: Cloud Architect
Official Title: SR INFO TECH ARCHITEC(S38BN)
Hiring Department: A060300-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/CIO OFFICE
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 16, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $90,000 Maximum $118,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum of 2 years' Cloud Architecture experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering IT Services using a hybrid Cloud model.
* Experience with strategic business and IT planning.
* Demonstrable experience with the major Cloud vendors and their service offerings.
* Strong record of accomplishment successfully implementing Cloud services in a variety of distributed computing environments.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and articulate IT concepts in everyday language.
* Demonstrable experience with complex enterprise distributed computing environments.
* Familiarity integrating Cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, etc.
* Familiarity with Cloud management tools (e.g. monitoring, automation, orchestration, etc.) and containers (e.g. Docker, Rocket, Microsoft Server containers, Hyper-V containers)
* Knowledge of IT security and data privacy best practices and familiarity with extending on-premise security policies into the Cloud, including Cloud based Identity and Access Management Services and Cloud Access Security Brokers.
* Familiarity with a broad range of current information technology areas such as application architecture, infrastructure and operations, governance, IT Service Management, security, and integration architecture.
* Record of success as a team leader and participant in building consensus and achieving results among groups with diverse technical viewpoints and policy perspectives.
* Ability to lead and manage organizational change in a complex environment.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Cloud Architect will report to the Director of the IT Center Of Excellence in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO). This position is a key component of the CIO's vision for the future and acts as a focal point for the development of an effective Cloud strategy that emphasizes and promotes adoption of Cloud-based IT services. This position will play a central role in influencing both the University's enterprise IT architecture as well as governance for Cloud services. The Cloud Architect will engage campus IT groups to create and apply the campus Cloud strategy in order to guide the development and implementation of Cloud solutions that support instructional technology, research computing, and administration. The Cloud Architect provides leadership, exercises influence, and builds consensus and partnerships around these issues.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Develop and Coordinate Cloud Strategy and Architecture
* Coordinate Adoption of Cloud Services
* Lead Cultural and Organizational Change
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 17 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 17 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time