Assistant Director II
Assistant Director II
Assistant Director II
Admissions-Gen - 164500
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Occasional Overtime
The Office of Admissions is a vital contributor to UNT's enrollment success through student outreach, recruitment endeavors, and a commitment to providing personalized assistance to students throughout the college application and admissions process.
The Office of Admissions at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director II to join our team.
This professional position will assist in the student recruiting and admission functions of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for the University. The areas of expertise for this position are the recruiting of transfer students and helping to facilitate the university's recruitment services to community colleges. This position will work with the Associate Director for Transfer Recruitment to decide territory assignments each year, ensure programs are being covered appropriately, use data to make strategic decisions about recruitment coverage, counsel and guide admission applicants, be responsible for a community college territory in DFW, assist with the planning of special events, establish and build relationships with key community college partners, and help determine and implement new transfer recruitment strategies.
This position requires a person who can effectively handle many tasks at once. The successful candidate will be able to think critically about the recruitment process and use that knowledge to identify new ways to recruit transfer students to UNT. This position also provides direct supervision to Undergraduate Admissions Counselors.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assisting in recruitment networking efforts with business and industry, churches and civic leaders in the DFW metroplex.
* Assisting in recruitment efforts in other admission and student recruiting functions of the Office of Admissions.
* Participating in on-campus and external events directly related to UNT admissions and recruitment efforts.
* May be assigned some project related supervisory responsibility over support staff in areas as related to the recruitment, processing and admission of students.
* Providing information to prospective students and parents on specific educational opportunities offered at UNT.
* Evaluating academic credentials of freshman and transfer students in order to determine eligibility of applicants in accordance with official university admissions policies, state guidelines, etc.
* Assisting in the review of students in the Individual Review Process.
* Representing the university well at public appearances and in a manner consistent with marketing strategies adopted by UNT.
* Participating in office policy and procedure decision discussions.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Four years' experience in Admissions or other related student service.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
* Ability to obtain credit card, to travel and present group presentations.
* Possession of a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Ability to work independently.
* Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting