Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Program Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Asian Pacific Student Programs
Date Posted: 08/17/2017
Position Information: As part of the commitment to provide a diverse and inclusive educational experience, UCR supports seven Ethnic and Gender Program offices that provide support to our diverse student body and create opportunities for learning about differences. The APSP Program Coordinator provides support and development services for UC Riverside's undergraduate community, and organizes events and activities designed to raise the general student body's awareness and appreciation of the Asian and Pacific Islander experience. Under the general supervision of the Director, the Program Coordinator supervises the Asian and Pacific Islander Women's Program, the Youth and Community Outreach Program, and assists in leadership development activities. The Program Coordinator works with the APSP staff to identify student interests, issues, and concerns, and uses this information to develop and implement appropriate programs and activities. The Program Coordinator also serves as an adviser to various student organizations, including the Asian Pacific Islander Student Advisory Council. In addition, the Program Coordinator prepares material for APSP's web site and weekly newsletter, prepares written reports and evaluations on events and activities.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Ability to provide student advising for Asian, Pacific Islander and other students.
Abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Thorough knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated ability and skill in developing and monitoring budgets.
Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview