Student Financial Services Counselor
LIM College – Where Business Meets Fashion is currently seeking candidates for the position of Student Financial Services Counselor. GENERAL DESCRIPTION LIM College educates students for success in the global business of fashion and its many related industries. Located in midtown Manhattan - the fashion capital of the world - and devoted exclusively to the study of business and fashion, LIM College fosters a unique connection between real-world experience and academic study in business principles. Undergraduate students may major in Fashion Merchandising, International Business, Management, Marketing or Visual Merchandising. At the graduate level, LIM College MPS programs in Fashion Marketing, Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management, Global Fashion Supply Chain Management, and Visual Merchandising. The Student Financial Services Counselor plays an important role on the LIM College SFS team, which is responsible for delivering seamless and exemplary financial services to students and parents. The Student Financial Services Counselor actively manages a caseload providing excellent customer service and counseling in guiding students and parents through all requirements and steps in the financial aid and payment process. The Student Financial Services Counselor also provides a supporting role in promoting LIM College and external scholarship opportunities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES
- Counseling (in person, via phone, and e-mail) students and parents regarding all financing possibilities (scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study) and processing steps, payment options, and basic student account status.
- Reviewing, determining and calculating all aid eligibility (including NYS TAP), verifying, correcting (as necessary submit ISIR Corrections) and packaging students in caseload.Completes all necessary follow-up on files.Troubleshoots problem and conflicting information and researches and follows through on solutions.
- Working with the Director to continue developing and enhancing the SFS communications plan and operations timeline.Assisting in writing/editing various financial aid informational materials, flyers, letters and forms.
- Assisting the Director and Assistant Director of Student Financial Services in planning and implementing systems to ensure students receive effective and timely financial aid communications and counseling.
- Reviewing a variety of student status reports (i.e. enrollment status, class standing, academic standing, etc.) and makes adjustments to student's aid, as necessary.
- Assisting in the maintenance of student financial aid files.
- Keeping abreast of relevant federal and state regulations governing financial aid.
- Attending Professional Development Workshops/Training Sessions and sharing gained knowledge and information with the SFS team.
- Conducting Student Financial Services information sessions.
- Meets with prospective applicants and their parents at Open House Programs and other LIM College programs.
- Participates in all college wide programs.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Relevant customer service experience
- Relevant customer service experience preferably within higher education
- 1-3 years of prior professional work experience in financial aid or related area in higher education (i.e. Student Accounts)