Admission Officer 1
Admission Officer 1
Job Number: 76006
The STANFORD ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL The Stanford Online High School at Stanford University is an independent school for academically talented students in grades 7-12. Founded in 2006 as a three-year high school, and subsequently expanded to include grades 7-9, Stanford OHS is accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges. The school has a total enrollment of 700 students, nearly 60 instructors, and an administrative team of 20. For more information, please see https://ohs.stanford.edu/ STANFORD UNIVERSITY Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers. Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description JOB PURPOSE: Under supervision, administer and implement university and/or department admission policies and procedures for Stanford Online High School. CORE DUTIES*:
- Assist with maintenance of database, financial aid and student information systems.
- Read, evaluate and make first level recommendations on under graduate and graduate applications.
- Respond to inquiries and provide accurate and timely information regarding application policies, procedures in accordance with Stanford University's established messaging.
- Conduct informational sessions for internal and external communities.
- Cultivate relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Coordinate onsite logistics for admission events.
- May assist in the administration of a specific project and/or program.
- May assist in mentoring other staff. * - Other duties may also be assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree or higher preferred. Please Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer and database skills.
- Knowledge of financial aid process preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good reading comprehension skills. Good organizational skills.
- Ability to learn admission processes and programs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills. Certifications and Licenses: None PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely stand, walk, use a telephone and write by hand. * - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Occasional local and overnight travel required.
- WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu. Stanford University provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, religious creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other trait or status protected by applicable law.
Job: Student Services
Location: Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.